Creamy chicken quinoa and broccoli casserole is a healthy, comforting ,and deliciously satisfying dish. In other words it’s real food meets comfort food. It’s rich of good-for-you ingredients and will fulfill your lazy weekend cravings with zero guilt.
After a long week at work nothing sounds perfect than a creamy luscious casserole. And the one I’m about to share with you is-the-BEST!! Umm, maybe that’s not totally true, but it’s like SO heavenly freaking good.
This recipe is similar to the traditional broccoli chicken casserole that so many of us grew up eating. I’ve just made few changes to adapt it to the current trend, because, you know, QUINOA, and everything.
The beauty of this casserole is it has its own creamy velvety sauce made from SCRATCH. And it creates that mild creamy texture that casseroles are known and of course loved for.I’m not crying you are
This Casserole is made with fresh, wholesome and healthy ingredients. How can you say no to that!? Seasoned chicken, cooked quinoa, crispy bacon, velvety homemade sauce, a tiny bit of Gruyere or whatever cheese your taste buds desire(because, well a little cheese never hurt) and bright green broccoli florets. TA-DA your dose of happiness is ready to indulge in.
All you need now is a glass of milk, your favorite TV show and a bowl of the baked goodness. And your evening couldn’t be better.
A healthy creamy chicken and broccoli casserole full of nutritious ingredients that will satisfy your cravings with zero guilt.
• 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 1 cup uncooked quinoa
• 3 cups broccoli florets
• 2 cups chicken broth
• 1 cup milk
• 2 cups water
• ½ cup flour
• 1 tsp poultry seasoning
• 2 tsp seasoning(any blend or herbs you like)
• ¼ cup Gruyere cheese
• Optional: ¼ cup cooked, crumbled bacon
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and generously grease the casserole dish because it sticks to the side.
1. To make the sauce: In a saucepan and on low heat bring the broth and ½ cup milk to boil. Whisk the other ½ cup milk with the flour and the poultry seasoning. Add the mixture to the saucepan and whisk until a smooth creamy sauce forms.
2. Assembly: mix the sauce, 1 cup water, cooked quinoa and bacon (optional) in a large bowl and stir to combine. Pour the mixture in the previously greased casserole dish. Lay thin strips of chicken breast over the top of the mixture. Then sprinkle with the seasoning of your choice. Put the dish in the oven and bake uncovered for 30 min.
3. Broccoli: put the broccoli in boiling water for about 1 min until it turns bright green, then run under cold water and set aside.
4. Bake: check the mixture in the oven by stirring it around. When the quinoa and chicken are cooked and the sauce is thickened add the broccoli and some water (about 1 cup) until the consistency is creamy, and you can easily stir it. DRIZZLE with shredded cheese and bake long enough for it to melt.